Be security conscious and take sensible precautions. Always pack your own luggage and don’t leave it unattended.
- Obey the local law – remember that the laws and procedures which apply are those of the country you are in, not your home country.
- Dress and behave conservatively, in accordance with local customs and sensitivities.
- Always swim at safe beaches and only participate in snorkelling or scuba activities if you have received training. Do not scuba within 24 hours of flying. Never dive into water of unknown depth.
- Do not swim after drinking alcohol.
- When going ashore, carry only the minimum amount of cash that you’ll need for that day. Leave your valuables and spare cash and credit cards in your room’s safety deposit box.
- You must wear a life jacket for boating, water skiing and other offshore water sports. Check water sports equipment for quality and safety features.
- Booking tours outside of the P&O Cruises Shore Tour program is not recommended as P&O has not individually assessed tours outside this program and cannot make any comment on the standard or safety of these tours.
- Guests aren’t permitted to take food of any kind from the ship to any destination visited. During your time ashore, we recommend you drink plenty of bottled water, avoid ice and eat well cooked food only. Beware of uncooked food including salads and fruit you cannot peel. As we can’t monitor the conditions and methods of preparation of food and drinks ashore, guests are advised that if they purchase or consume food in port, they do so at their own risk.