P&O Cruises Australia “Up To $250 per room Cash Back Sale” Promotion
The Promoter is Carnival PLC trading as P&O Cruises Australia (ABN 23 107 998 443) of 15 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 (“P&O Cruises”).
Cash back via online claim following completion of your cruise
Purchase Period commences: 12.01am AEST on 16/08/2017.
Purchase Period concludes: 11.59pm AEDT on 17/10/2017.
A Value or Value Plus fare for a room on a P&O Cruise departing between 26/08/2017 and 27/04/2019 booked in Australia or New Zealand within the Purchase Period.
Other fare types, such as Go fares and Short Sale fares, are not eligible for this Promotion.
Cash back is per room and based on cruise duration as follows:
6 or less nights
$50 per room
7 or more nights
$250 per room
Cash back can be awarded as an EFTPOS or Visa Gift Card (please see details below) or as an eGift Card at selected retailers (please see details below).
Claims must be submitted within twelve (12) weeks after sailing has been completed. All claims must be completed by 23/07/2019.
P&O Cruises vendors, including online and travel agent sales, located in Australia and New Zealand.
Only the lead guest in each booking on a Participating Product may claim a Gift. The lead guest must be aged 18 years or older and a resident of Australia or New Zealand.
Management and employees of the Promoter and its associated companies, Participating Retailers and agencies associated with this Promotion are not eligible to claim a Gift. “Employees” means any directors, management, employees, concessionaires, consultants, officers and contractors or other such people who perform work under the control of another in exchange for payment.
The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Claimant in its absolute discretion.
How to Participate
To participate in the Promotion and claim a Gift, an Eligible Claimant must:-
- during the Purchase Period, book a Participating Product from a Participating Retailer (“Qualifying Purchase”); then
- within 12 weeks following the date that the cruise travel is completed (during the Claim Period), visit www.pocruises.com.au/cashback using a compatible browser and fully complete and submit the online claim form, providing all details required, including but not limited to:-
- the Eligible Claimant’s contact details, including full name and date of birth (which were provided at time of booking); and
- the Unique Booking Number from the Participating Product purchased.
Required Verification/Proof of Purchase
The Eligible Claimant must provide their Unique Booking Reference and name and date of birth as verification in the online claim form. The name and date of birth must match against the lead guest’s name and date of birth provided at time of booking. If the details provided do not match against the details provided at time of booking, the claim will be rendered invalid.
It is the responsibility of the Eligible Claimant to provide the required information.
If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Claimants must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter at its absolute discretion:-
- appropriate photo identification or other documentation, required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, eligibility to participate in the Promotion and claim a Gift and compliance with these Terms and Conditions; and
- their proof of purchase that corresponds to the claim they have submitted in the Promotion.
If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received within the time period stipulated by the Promoter or a claimant has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter, the claim will be deemed invalid and no Gift will be awarded.
Each Eligible Claimant will be notified via email whether their claim for a Gift is deemed valid or invalid within ten (10) business days of submitting the online claim form. Emails will be sent to the email address provided in the online claim form.
If a claim is deemed valid, the Eligible Claimant will receive instructions in the email on how the Eligible Claimant can select their Gift (please see details below) (“Valid Claim Email”).
If a claim is deemed invalid and the Promoter requires further information in order to determine the outcome of a claim, the Promoter may inform the Eligible Claimant by email (“Notification Email”). The Eligible Claimant will then have ten (10) business days from the date of the Notification Email to provide the requested information to the Promoter, unless expressly stated otherwise in the Notification Email. The Promoter reserves the right to deem any claim submitted invalid if an Eligible Claimant fails to provide the required information within the time specified.
Eligible Claimants must follow the link in the Valid Claim Email to select their Gift type within the time period stated in the Valid Claim Email.
Eligible Claimants can select whether they would like to receive their Gift as a physical gift card (EFTPOS/Visa Gift Card) OR an eGift Card, subject to the terms below. Eligible Claimants should select carefully as changes cannot be made once a selection has been confirmed.
EFTPOS/Visa Gift Cards:-
EFTPOS/Visa Gift Cards will be provided as a physical gift card sent via post (to the address provided in the online claim form) within fifteen (15) business days of selection.
Eligible Claimants in Australia will be awarded an EFTPOS Gift Card for the relevant Gift value in AUD. Eligible Claimants in New Zealand will be awarded a Visa Gift Card for the relevant Gift value in AUD, but converted to NZD. The value on the Visa Gift Card will be based on the Reserve Bank of Australia daily 4pm conversion rate from AUD to NZD on the date the Gift Card is awarded.
EFTPOS/Visa Gift Cards must be activated within three (3) months from the date on the letter provided with the Gift Card, otherwise the Gift Card will be forfeited. Gift Cards expire as follows:
- EFTPOS Gift Cards will expire 12 months from the date of activation.
- Visa Gift Cards will expire on the date printed on the Visa Gift Card after activation.
EFTPOS/Visa Gift Cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Eligible Claimants should refer to the information accompanying their Gift Card for details including activation requirements, expiry and where full terms and conditions of use can be viewed.
EFTPOS Gift Card terms and conditions can be viewed at - http://www.giftcardplanet.com.au/eftpos-cardholder-terms
Gift Card terms and conditions can be viewed at -http://www.giftcardplanet.com.au/visa-terms
A transaction fee of 2.99% will apply to all transactions made using a Visa Gift Card in New Zealand. Eligible Claimants in New Zealand should refer to the information provided with the Visa Gift Card on overseas transaction fees.
Eligible Claimants will be provided with the following choice of digital eGift Cards:
Participants in Australia –
- David Jones;
- JB Hi-Fi;
- Woolworths WISH;
Participants in New Zealand -
- David Jones;
- JB Hi-Fi;
eGift Cards will be sent digitally to the email address provided in the online claim form within forty-eight (48) hours of selection. The Promoter is not responsible for any undelivered emails due to spam filters or email settings.
eGift Cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer which can be found as follows:-
- Coles - http://www.giftcards.com.au/gift-card-terms-of-use.aspx
- Woolworths WISH - https://everydaygiftcards.com.au/media/static/Docs/wish_tnc.pdf
- JB Hi-Fi - https://www.jbhifi.com.au/General/Help-Centre/Gift-Card-help/Gift-Card-Terms--Conditions/
- Kathmandu - http://www.kathmandu.com.au/help-centre/ordering-and-shipping/gift-cards-and-vouchers
- David Jones- https://www.davidjones.com.au/~/media/David-Jones/Corporate/PDF/W15/217/David_Jones_Gift_Card_Terms_and_Conditions_v2.ashx
- Myer- https://retail.myergiftcards.com.au/CMS/Page/giftcardterms
- iTunes - https://www.apple.com/au/legal/internet-services/itunes/giftcards/au/terms.html
A limit of one (1) Unique Booking Code will be issued per room in a Qualifying Purchase. Eligible Claimants may submit a limit of one (1) Gift claim per room.
- Details above and the following clauses collectively form the terms and conditions of this Promotion ("Terms and Conditions").
- Each claimant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with these Terms and Conditions at the time of participation. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of these Terms and Conditions generally.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Term and Conditions and the Promotion is final and binding on every person who participates. No correspondence will be entered into.
- This Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion may be extended at the Promoter's absolute discretion.
- Claimants can only participate in the Promotion in their own name. Claimants who enter using another alias (e.g. names, DOBs, addresses and/or email addresses) will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reclaim a Gift from an Eligible Claimant if the Participating Product corresponding to the successful Gift claim is returned and/or refunded after the claim has been processed and the Gift has been fulfilled. This clause does not limit or affect the Eligible Claimant's rights with regards to warranties on the Participating Product.
- All claimants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded a Gift to the ineligible person. Payment of the Gift value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible claims will be deemed invalid. Claimants are responsible for ensuring their correct personal information and contact email address are provided and any updated details are notified to the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility should an Eligible Claimant fail to receive their Gift because of a failure to notify the Promoter of correct details or of a change to their details, or for providing invalid information.
- Claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter's database, not time of transmission by the claimant.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion website are the claimant’s responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider used. Eligible Claimants must submit their claim/s manually using an internet browser.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, declare any claim or claimant invalid if the claimant:
- disrupts, annoys, abuses, threatens, harasses or attempts to do any of these things to the Promoter, another claimant or potential claimant of, or anyone else associated with, this Promotion;
- submits a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the claim process; or
- engages in conduct in relation to this Promotion which is misleading, deceptive, fraudulent or damaging to the Promoter's goodwill or reputation.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate, subject to any directions from any relevant authority.
- As a condition of claiming a Gift, the claimant may be required to (at the Promoter’s discretion) sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Gift supplier in their absolute discretion.
- The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Promotion via Facebook. However, the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Claimants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each claimant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
- Gifts are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If a Gift is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another gift of equal or greater value for that Gift, or element of it, subject to the approval of any relevant authority.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Gift value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability/implications incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of a Gift.
- Promoter, the Promoter's related entities, the Participating Retailers and all agencies associated with the Promotion; and
- the employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all entities referred to in this clause,
shall not be liable for any loss or claim, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Promotion or acceptance of a Gift, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- Claimants must, at the Promoter's request, participate in any Promotion activity (such as publicity and photography) relating to participating in the Promotion, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in any future promotional material.
- CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to refer the matter to law enforcement authorities and/or to seek damages or such other civil remedies as the Promoter may determine from time to time to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Immediately upon submission by a claimant, their claim/s become the sole property of the Promoter.
- All information claimants provide (“Personal Information”) will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of administering this Promotion and awarding Gifts.
- The Promoter may disclose claimants' Personal Information to its contractors, agents, service providers and prize suppliers in Australia, New Zealand and the United States to assist in conducting this Promotion and as required, to Australian and New Zealand regulatory authorities.
- how a claimant may access the Personal Information that is held by the Promoter and seek correction of such information; and
- how a claimant may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered privacy code that binds the Promoter, and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
- If a claimant has any questions regarding their privacy, they should contact the Promoter using the following contact details:–
Residents of Australia:-
- Participation in this Promotion is conditional on providing Personal Information as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter and Participating Retailers are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012) or relevant New Zealand legislation (where applicable).