Ingredients for the sake salmon:
- 500 gm salmon fillets, skinned, boned
and blood line removed
- 1/2 cup blond miso
- 50 ml sake
Mix the miso and sake together and rub all over the
fish. Place in a container, cover & place in the fridge
for 12 hours. Remove the fish from the fridge and
rinse the paste off under cold water. Pat dry with
paper towels and return to the fridge.
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 1 tsp sake
- 50 ml olive oil
Mix all ingredients together and
place in a squeezy bottle.
Spicy roe dressing
- 1/4 cup Japanese mayonnaise (kewpie)
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- 1 tbsp flying fish roe (tobiko)
- 1/2 tsp roasted sesame oil
Mix all ingredients together
and place in a squeezy bottle.
- 1 English cucumber, peeled,
- 50 ml rice vinegar
- 50 ml mirin
Slice cucumber on a mandolin in long
slices and mix the rice vinegar and mirin.
Place in the fridge overnight.
- Cut white toast bread into long slices,
- Lay onto with cling film laid out table, with the
bottom and top slice facing each other on the
- Squirt wasabi dressing and roe dressing onto
both halves and spread evenly and thinly.
- Slice the salmon thinly and slanted and lay
onto bottom slices of bread.
- Top with pickled cucumber.
- Top with top slice of bread and press lightly.
- Pile sandwiches into a food pan, cover with wet
paper towels and chill for two hours.
- Cut sandwiches into finger-sized portions.