P&O Cruises’ Explore Your Senses Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Carnival plc trading as P&O Cruises Australia (ABN 23 107 998 443) at 15 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 (the Promoter).
- Two prizes will be awarded as part of this promotion, a Tour Prize and a Creativity Prize. Eligibility requirements for each prize are detailed below at paragraphs 13 and 18. The winner of the Tour Prize and the winner of the Creativity Prize will each win accommodation in a twin share unobstructed balcony room on a 3 night voyage on Pacific Explorer. The date of the cruise prize will be discussed upon the receipt of the cruise prize and is subject to availability. The winner must take the cruise within 12 months of receipt of notification of having won. The cruise prize includes for 2 people: a. 3 nights accommodation in an unobstructed balcony room;
- Total prize pool value per prize is up to AU$1,398.
- Flights and travel costs will not be included. The winner is responsible for getting to and from the embarkation and disembarkation ports. Shore excursions or other onboard activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
- The winner or their travelling companion must be over the age of 18. Alcohol consumption and gambling onboard are restricted to passengers aged 18 years of age or older.
- The winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary and valid travel documentation including, passports, any requisite visas and vaccinations. The winner and travel companion will be responsible for any expenses incurred in obtaining necessary travel documentation, including any fines, or penalties incurred as a result of not having the requisite travel documentation. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from the winner at check-in in order to board the cruise ship, for all incidental charges.
- If the winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel within 12 months of receipt of notification of having won, or do not take an element of the prize within 12 months of receipt of notification of having won, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
- Standard terms and conditions of travelling with P&O Cruises Australia will apply, including any applicable age restrictions. See P&O Cruises Australia’s Booking and Passage Conditions at https://www.pocruises.com.au/plan/how-to-book/book-travel-conditions which passengers will be bound by.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner and/or his/her travelling companion to take part in any or all aspects of the prize if it determines in its absolute discretion that a winner and/or his/her travelling companion are not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize, or if they pose a risk to the safety and wellbeing of any other passenger.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Entry is only open to travel agents attending the ‘Pacific Explorer Explore Your Senses Showcase cruise’ aged 18 years and over. Employees and suppliers (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 11.00am on Wednesday, 21 June 2017 and closes at 2.30pm on Wednesday, 21 June 2017 (Tour Prize Promotional Period).
- Judging will take place after the Explore Your Senses Tour at Showcase Kickoff at the Marquee Showlounge between 2:30pm and 3:15 pm on Wednesday, 21 June 2017.
- To enter, entrants must, within the Tour Prize Promotional Period: a. attend each of the ten Explore Your Senses stations onboard the Pacific Explorer listed on their ‘Passport of the Senses’(Passport) , validating their Passport at each station;
- The entrant will be notified at the time of answering the final question whether they have won the Prize. If a question is incorrectly answered, a new entrant will be selected to correctly answer a question. This process will continue until a question is correctly answered by an entrant.
- Entry is only open to travel agents and suppliers of the Promoter attending the Pacific Explorer Explore Your Senses Showcase cruise aged 18 years and over. Employees (and immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 12.00am on Wednesday, 21 June 2017 and closes at 12.00pm on Thursday, 22 June 2017 (Creativity Prize Promotional Period). To enter, entrants must, within the Creativity Prize Promotional Period, post a photo taken by the entrant of any element of the Pacific Explorer Showcase cruise on 21 or 22 June 2017 on their public Instagram account with the tag #PACIFICEXPLORER17 during the Creativity Prize Promotional Period (the Entry). Entrants must ensure that their Entry is public and can be viewed by P&O Cruises Australia.
- By entering, the entrant warrants that the Entry: a. is original and not copied, and was created by the entrant;
- Multiple entries are permitted.
- Judging will take place on Friday, 23 June 2017 at 15 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The winner will be selected on the most original and creative entry.
- The winner will be notified via the social media account through which they submitted the winning Entry. The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize by 30 June 2017 by replying to the notification. If a winner does not accept the prize within the specified time limit, the winner forfeits the prize and the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the next most original and creative Entry. The new winner will be notified via their social media account and must confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 days of receipt of the notification by replying to the notification.
- This promotion is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter’s decision about the winner of the Tour Prize and the winner of the Creativity Prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the winners of those prizes.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- All Entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrant.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter may (but is not obliged to) at any time reject and/or remove from access by the public or disqualify or invalidate any Entry that it considers (in its sole judgment) infringes these terms and conditions. The Promoter will have no liability to entrants in that regard. If this occurs in respect of a winning Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next valid Entry.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their Entry, name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter: is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; accepts no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with this Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of this Promotion; and accepts no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the Promoter may, in its discretion, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any termination, modification or suspension of this promotion; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner, winner’s travel companion or entrant; or (g) attendance at the prize event.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the website of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner and his/her companion must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- When entering this Promotion, you agree to release Instagram from all liability and claims arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or these terms and conditions. You acknowledge and agree that your Entry must be in accordance with Instagram’s rules of use and can be removed at any time by the Promoter.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to the Promoter. When entering the Promotion, you are providing your information to the Promoter.
- The laws of NSW apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.
b. onboard main meals (with the exception of those restaurants which have an additional cover charge); and
c. selected onboard activities, evening entertainment, and access to nightclubs (with the exception of those activities and facilities which have an additional cover charge).
Tour Prize Entry and Judging
b. complete their personal details, including their name on their Passport;
c. hand in their Passport at the Ocean Bar on Deck 7 or at the Marquee Showlounge before 2:30pm; and
d. attend Showcase Kickoff at the Marquee Showlounge.
The judges will ask an entrant who has completed all the steps above, to correctly answer a question about the Pacific Explorer and if the question is correctly answered, that entrant will be deemed the winner of the Tour Prize.
Creativity Prize Entry and Judging
b. does not breach the intellectual property rights of any person;
c. does not include (or link to) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate. Without limitation, entrants must not include (or include a link to) any content that involves malice, swearing or which may be defamatory or in contempt of court;
d. does not include (or link to) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists (Copyright Content), unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include (or link to) any Copyright Content in their Entry, they must not include it. By including any Copyright Content in their Entry, the entrant warrants that they are entitled to do so; and
e. contains no viruses or other computer code or material embedded in it which may have a negative impact on the Promoter’s website or social media accounts, this competition or any network or third party computer systems.